Solar Host is proud to operate from AISO - one of the worlds most environmentally friendly data centers in the world. The California based data-center is 100% solar powered, but goes even further than this:
- 120 Solar Panels in very sunny California, USA
- Offices and servers are cooled by natural air cooling
- Rainwater is collected for use in eco-friendly refrigeration processes
- Wireless data transfer processes (reduce the need for heavy groundworks)
- Offices use natural lighting
- Energy Efficient Building Design and materials
Solar Panels keeping the SolarHost.co.uk servers going!
Live image of our solar panels (refreshes every 5 mins)
According to BP Solar, the AISO data center will eliminate the production of: 19,890 pounds of Carbon Dioxide (CO2/GHG) per year, 5.9 pounds of Nitrous Oxide (NOX/smog) per year, and 0.45 pounds of Sulfur Dioxide (SO4/acid rain) per year. This is the equivalent of planting 3.5 acres of trees per year or driving a vehicle for 24,671 miles per year.
Solar Host is privileged to be members of this world class data center and our users can be confident that every effort is made to ensure our hosting is developed as eco-friendly as possible.
By using our service you can show your visitors how committed you are to environmental issues by placing one of our buttons on their website, click here for more information.